Week Three could probably be nicknamed “Week Redo” based on how little I actually stayed on track during Week Two–life tends to have the habit of surprising you and getting in the way. Cool thing is, there is no rule that says if you fall off the track, that you can’t pick up right where you left off and continue making forward momentum. So this week’s goals are a little repetitive to last week, but hey, whatever you gotta do to make progress, yes?
- Long-term Goal: Shape the body I want and become healthier.
- Last Week’s Goal: Four days in a row.
- Status: Negative. I actually took a step backwards and only went to the gym twice. Still trying to build this habit and will focus on going to the gym consistently before I move on and look at other aspects of getting fitter.
- This Week’s Goal: Four days in a row!
- Long-term Goal: Edit three books, write four new books and query at least one.
- Last Weeks Goal: Write four times. Outline novel.
- Status: Partial Success! I only wrote once, but it was a really solid writing session. Still haven’t written any outlines yet, but figured out what has been baring me from writing said outlines, so hopefully that will be easier in the upcoming week.
- This Week’s Goal: Write four times. Outline novel.
- Long-term Goal: Read 60 books.
- Last Week’s Goal: Finish The Lies of Locke Lamora.
- Status: Negative. Though I cranked out another hundred pages, with life intervening and a ridiculously busy weekend, I didn’t get to read as much as I wanted to; will probably be reading for a solid chunk tonight in order to make up for some lost time (plus, the plot just thickened to the “oh, shit” stage and I’m eager to find out what happens next).
- This Week’s Goal: Finish The Lies of Locke Lamora and write review.
- Long-term Goal: Increase output over all three blogs, i.e., post more consistently.
- Last Week’s Goal: Write three blogs posts for each blog.
- Status: Partial Success! I did manage to write and post three posts for this blog, but since I didn’t finish reading a book last week, no review was posted on the book review blog, so I was short one post of the goal. But, I did find two different memes–Waiting on Wednesday and Friday Firsts–to help spice up the content on Erlebnisse, so I’m glad to be putting more regular content into that one.
- This Week’s Goal: Keep up blogging schedule.
- Long-term Goal: Manage money with more awareness, start retirement fund and build savings.
- Last Week’s Goal: Actually balance checkbook. Talk to manager at second job about keeping consistent hours.
- Status: Negative. I dunno what’s so hard about keeping your checkbook balanced, but apparently, I struggle. So here’s to attempt three. Also haven’t talk to my boss yet, so that needs to happen tomorrow.
- This Week’s Goal: Actually.balance.checkbook.
So a little bit more on the “negative” side this week. But still not a wasted week. I stepped out of my comfort zone a bit and made a new friend, I socialized and I lost a little sleep along the way–none of which are related to any of these goals but all of which are still important to growing as a person, regardless. And these goals aren’t going anywhere, so for week three, time to re-energize, refocus and see what I can accomplish.