First and foremost, a shout out must go to Jess over at ellDimensional for the gracious tag and the lovely mention alongside it. I am not only a huge fan of her blog, but of her as a person. I am so lucky to have stumbled upon connecting with her within the wide and vast webs of the Internet and very thankful for her positivity, encouragement and friendship.
So why don’tcha go check out her fantastic blog and see what I’m talking about?
What is the Versatile Blogger Award?
Bloggers nominate other bloggers who they believe deserve recognition for their high quality standard of writing, uniqueness of content, passion and love displayed throughout the site and to top it off, amazing photos!
Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
Thank the blogger who nominated you and share their link.
Nominate up to 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs. Also, inform them about the nomination.
Reveal 7 facts about yourself that your readers may not know.
- I don’t like bacon.
- In the 7th grade, my Mom suggested that I start plucking my eyebrows, because they were starting to get out of control (and they most certainly were). But I thought that the plucking was too painful, so I tried to shave the areas that needed to be plucked with a razor while in the bathtub, looking at my reflecting in the faucet.
Needless to say, I had to pencil in my eyebrows for a couple weeks, afterwards. And there are still a few spots where the hair will never grow back.
- I’ve written five books and I’m pretty dang proud of that fact, honestly.
- I’m pretty sure I love dogs more than I do humans.
- I wrote my undergraduate thesis over how we could read The Lord of the Rings, in comparison to Jackson’s cinematic adaptations, as a plea to protect our environment, before the numerous Shires we once had are all poisoned into the reflections of Mordor. My secondary reader said they never met anyone who knew Tolkien so in-depth so naturally. Probably the best compliment I’ve ever received.
- I have five tattoos and plan to get my sixth, which is centered around LOTR, this August.
- I’m the most shyly extroverted, socially-charged introvert you might know.
So, confession time.
I love blogging. As aforementioned in numerous posts, I use this blog as an outlet, which is why my posts range from writing woes to self-love struggles to video game rants to random musings. And I’ve found a really great community of bloggers that I follow and read as regularly as my hectic life allows. Yet I haven’t done a very good job at finding more bloggers to follow, instead staying within my discovered and adored circle of favorites.
I’m reminded of this when I’m lucky enough to get nominated or tagged in fun awards, such as this one, which asks you to tag some of your favorite fellow bloggers, and I always end up tagging the same people; who, don’t get me wrong, are all fantastic and amazing and you should definitely follow. That never changes. But it does remind me that I need to go and find more amazing bloggers to be inspired by.
So if you’d like to do this, please, feel free. I apologize for not tagging anyone, but I feel like I need to expand from my original crew. Hopefully, if I get to do another award in the future, I’ll have some new faces to point you towards.
Until then, keep smiling and thanks for reading!