- Long-term Goal: Shape the body I want and become healthier.
- Last Week’s Goal: Workout 4x and actually log food every day.
- Status: Almost! I did workout four times (woot!) and kept up a food diary until (you guessed it) the weekend, where I fell off the bandwagon. Again. Slow and steady, friends. I’ll figure this out.
- This Week’s Goal: Workout 4x and eat well.
- Long-term Goal: Edit all previously written works. Query one.
- Last Week’s Goal: Edit last three chapters, run-through looking for overused words and email draft to final beta reader. Write synopsis.
- Status: Almost! Edited two chapters, so only have one more chapter to go, plus a round of searching for overused words. So close to the end of this draft!
- This Week’s Goal: Finish ARTEMIS.
- Long-term Goal: Read 60 books.
- Last Week’s Goal: Finish Dark Immolation.
- Status: Halfway. Literally, I’m halfway done with this book. And considering it’s due in a few days, I’ll be cranking it out this week.
- This Week’s Goal: Finish Dark Immolation and write review.
- Long-term Goal: Create and maintain a mindset that taking care of yourself is just as important as everything else.
- Last Week’s Goal: Swim 3x.
- Status: Nada. Damn periods.
- This Week’s Goal: Swim 3x.
- Long-term Goal: Increase output over all three blogs, i.e., post more consistently.
- Last Week’s Goal: Blog twice on both personal and book review blog.
- Status: Almost! I blogged twice here and once on the book review blog (which would have been twice if I’d finished reading Dark Immolation and wrote the review. Funny how the goals tie together like that).
- This Week’s Goal: Blog twice on both personal and book review blog.
- Long-term Goal: Manage money with more awareness, start retirement fund and build savings.
- Last Week’s Goal: Update budget and finances. Cancel gym membership.
- Status: Success! Made for a depressing evening after I figured out how poor I’ll always be with student loans tying me down, but I do feel better that I’m aware of that status.
- This Week’s Goal: Don’t spend any more unnecessary money the rest of the month.
Definitely a week where I had a lot of “almost” reaching my goals, yet still made progress on all of them, so I’m still counting it as a successful week–though all last week, I just kept feeling like I was running out of time and like a failure, for not reaching these goals but getting so close.
Yet I still have almost three weeks before Pitch Wars starts (which is the competition I want to enter ARTEMIS into), so I have plenty of time to edit that last chapter and go through it one more time to tighten up the prose. I think I’m getting into a rhythm, working out wise, so that’s really exciting. And aside from the weekends, I’m doing really well eating healthier-sized portions. As for the weekends, I just need to have some potentially awkward conversations with the people closest to me about helping me stay on track. I’m hopeful they’ll be understanding and supportive and not think me to be a health-snob, now. Still a couple weeks left of summer to swim and relax (and get my reading on). Now to tighten the reins on my spending and stay frugal before the trip and continue pushing forward with a positive mindset.
I got this.