Considering it snowed both days over the weekend, during mid-April, I’m a little peeved at the weather right now, especially after last week was so nice. It doesn’t look like it will be nearly as nice this week, but I’m hopeful that we can soon experience a little bit of spring, instead of being stuck in this perpetual stubborn winter or skipping straight into a miserably hot summer.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Write 5x.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Last week was mainly spent looking through the previous attempt I had at this book…and being surprised at how the first 20,000 words were actually pretty dang good. I ended up deleting the next 15,000 or so, because I made a switch in the plot, making those words impossible to use, so I had two days where I started writing completely from scratch. I won’t lie: I was a little nervous to start writing again, especially after going through and just being able to edit a bit, here or there. But I’m excited to continue this story and see where it takes me.
Weekly Goal: Write 5x. Look into writing contests/magazines to submit short stories into.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read 5x. Write review. Go by the library.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Though I didn’t finish the review for The Search for the Red Dragon, I did finish the book in two or three days and have already started the third one. Though I snagged a couple books from the library that I’ll have to read, so I don’t lose them thanks to unrenewable due dates, thus interrupting my James A. Owen streak, I’m really excited to be reading these books again. They’re fantastic.
Weekly Goal: Read 5x. Write review (x2?).
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 5x.
- Status: Negative, Commander. So, I really like this new routine I figured out. I only worked out three times last week, thanks to my boyfriend having Thursday off work, so we spent time together, and then just being lazy on Friday, but I do enjoy the new setup I got: strength training MWF, running TR and then also going for a walk while catching up on the phone with my friend on Wednesday afternoons. I’m excited to do this consistently and see how my body responds, before I start fine-tuning the routine to best fit what I want to accomplish.
Weekly Goal: Workout 5x. Eat more fruits and veggies.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Stay frugal.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander.
Weekly Goal: Pay off credit card.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Pray.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander.
Weekly Goal: Pray.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Get back into the routine and have fun celebrating my boyfriend’s birthday this weekend!
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Birthday celebrations were awesome. I did a cheesy surprise for my boyfriend, decorating the kitchen, and that was really fun. Also got to get lunch with my Mom and see my Dad/sister for a hot minute over the weekend, so that really nice, too.
Weekly Goal: Stay positive minded and enjoy the process, every day.I think the focus this week will be a combination of maximizing my time, while also enjoying the process. I definitely plan on writing a blog post about this, too, so if you want some more in-depth thoughts on what I mean by that, be sure to come back and check it out! But basically, I want to stop wasting the time that I have, especially when I don’t have as much on my plate as I usually do, and enjoy everything that I’m currently working on, especially related to these goals.