So, it’s ah, July.
The end of June completely snuck up on me. This summer is flying by and I’m determined to spend the rest of it at the pool as often as I can, because every time I go, it proves to be one of the most relaxing things. Considering last week, my period really prevented, I’m definitely itching to get back into the routine of running, swimming and cooking before work. This morning’s run was desperately needed and I already feel a lot better. And even though this week is going to be mixed up a little bit, thanks to the 4th of July and then going to an all-day concert the day after, I’m still excited to continue making strides and enjoying each day.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Enjoy writing break (effective until July 9th).
- Status: Affirmative, Commander.
Weekly Goal: Try not to panic flail realizing this is the last week of my break and next Monday, the editing game begins.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read every day. Write review.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I didn’t read nearly as much as I wanted to last week (which is surprising, since I started Husberg’s Blood Requiem and that’s been one of my most anticipated reads all year), so I’m ready to rectify that this week.
Weekly Goal: Read every day. Write review.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Enjoy the break week and get ready to get back to it next week.
Status: Affirmative, Commander. Last week was an impromptu break week, after I had a mixture of food poisoning and starting my period kept me on the couch most of the day Monday and then it rained Tuesday, with me then working 8am-5pm Wednesday through Friday (and I haven’t really figured out how to work out on that schedule, since I work it so rarely). And though I did enjoy the break, by the end of the week, I was itching to run again and start logging food once more (because apparently, I don’t do one without the other).
Weekly Goal: Workout 4x. Log food. Continue finding resources of how to improve mental fitness.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Pay bills. Finish changing address for the move and figure out storage unit stuff.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Forgot to put my money in savings again…and still don’t have a storage unit situation figured out, nor have I finished switching over my addresses. But I did pay my bills, which was honestly the most important financial goal for last week.
Weekly Goal: Put money in savings and get back into the habit of checking my budgeting app regularly. Finish up moving prep.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Start devotional.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Once again, I didn’t do this because I wasn’t ever thinking about it. So, I made the decision to put doing my devotional on my weekly To-Do list. I didn’t do this originally because I figured my relationship with God should be more ingrained, not something I cross off a list. Yet every other important aspect of my life is on that list every week and that is honestly one of the main ways it gets accomplished. So why can’t God be on there, too?
Weekly Goal: Add my devotional onto my To-Do list. Actually start it.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Enjoy working at orientation and life in general!
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Orientation was a lot different than what I was expecting (and I was way more nervous than I realized I would be) but I also really enjoyed working it and kinda wish I could continue doing so. Maybe next summer, I’ll be able to pick up more shifts doing that. But otherwise, it was a good weekend and I’m excited to be a little more productive once more, working nights again.
Weekly Goal: Enjoy seeing family and friends I normally don’t get to see on the 4th! Plus, last Warped Tour and birthday shenanigans celebrating my sister this weekend.
You know, with getting Wednesday off for the 4th, I kinda wish we always only work four days a week, working two days, with one day off, then working two more days, then two days off. It’d be a pretty neat world if that was the normal schedule. I’m abnormally excited for this 4th of July (despite feeling disgusted to be an American with our current political climate) because I get to see some family friends we almost never get to see, plus spending the day with my family, who I also don’t see as often as I’d like. Plus, my man gets to blow up fireworks and watching his eyes light up like a child’s at the prospect is just too adorable not to get excited about.