Last week was a pretty decent week–looking at everything below, it was actually better than that. I finalized some details writing wise, read a good book, got caught up on reviews and blogging and enjoyed seeing some people I normally don’t get to see. I’ve just been in this weird funk, emotionally, where I get sad randomly and it becomes hard to shake, for a bit. I’m not really sure why I’m feeling that way and I’m hoping to try and break out of that funk here soon, because life is just too wonderful to be randomly sad.
So this week, while I still want to accomplish these goals, my main goal will be this: to smile and chase happiness.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Finish chapter outline and character profiles. Create map (for fun). Create WriteTrack plan.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I got the rest of the characters mapped out and, I have to say, they are going to be quite the cast. I can already tell they are going to be a challenge to write, yet at the same time, I’m really excited to get to know these characters more and continue advancing Artemis’s story. I didn’t outline at all and I plan to try and finish up a rough outline tonight, but even if that doesn’t happen, tomorrow, we begin writing.
Weekly Goal: Start writing Artemis Smith and the Steam Powered Fallacy. Write 4x.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Finish Karen Memory. Write review and Necrotech review. Read during my meal breaks.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Yeah, I’m really, really enjoying making reading a priority again. I missed it a lot and I’ve loved reading every day again.
Weekly Goal: Finish The Guns Above. Write review.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Indoor routine 3x. Log food.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I got in 3 indoor workouts, including adding in another “sheet” to the workout routine that I put together (and those abs workouts are killer). Some parts are definitely harder than others and it takes me roughly 30 minutes to complete, which isn’t bad at all. And I work up a sweat, which I miss. Hoping to keep this routine up and add it on top of running when the weather allows and stop beating myself up when I don’t eat as well as I’d like. This isn’t a race. Stop panicking.
Weekly Goal: Indoor routine 4x. Log food.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Actually put money into savings. Start prepping for taxes.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Still no money in savings (yet) and I’m anxiously waiting for all of my tax stuff to come into the mail so I can get that sorted. *sigh*
Weekly Goal: FRUGAL.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Pray every night without losing focus (too much).
- Status: Negative, Commander. I try to pray every night, but I often find myself getting distracted and going on mental tangents that spawn from whatever topic I’m praying about. So I’d really like to focus on not doing that.
Weekly Goal: Actively work on lessening mental tangents during prayer.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Beat Horizon: Zero Dawn and prepare to have my mind blown. Have fun hanging out with Kylee (and hopefully my sister) on Saturday.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Oooh, and that ending, too. Don’t regret immediately buying the DLC. It was great to see Kylee and Tanna, too, plus get caught up in the Avengers: Infinity War countdown with my man.
Weekly Goal: Get stoked for family day on Saturday and find a reason to smile, every day.
So, I got some goals this week. Starting a new book is both terrifying and so exciting, especially since I’ve had scenes and conversations popping into my head the entire past week, so obviously, my brain is ready to go (it’s just a matter of shutting out the doubt, now). Also want to try and get out of this funk that I’ve been in emotionally, because I don’t like just being, “Eh.”
Time to get to work.