First off, I have to say thank you to everyone who reached out after last week’s Quest for Discovery post and wished me luck on trying to get back on track, goal wise, wishing me a productive week. That meant more than I think people realize.
Especially as I filled out this week’s reflections and noticed that I did even worse, as far as goals went.
Part of it was due to laziness. Part of it was due to a spike in workload at my day job that I completely and totally didn’t expect. Part of it is also tied into busy weekends and trying to frantically finish packing as I prep to move in with my boyfriend by August 1st. As you can see below, editing was pretty much non-existent, as well as working out and reading–three of the most important things to me. I’m tentatively hopeful that might prove better this week, but with an altered schedule thanks to emergency coverage and a ton of interviews to complete for our student position openings, I may not be productive like I want to be, still.
But that’s okay, because that’s life, friends. And goals will always be there.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Edit 5x.
- Status: Negative, Commander. So, ironic story (I think), but pretty much the entire time I was on a writing break, I had plenty of time to write. The week I decide to start, my “day job” life explodes and I barely got through 20 pages–and those 20 pages weren’t even very focused. And it doesn’t look like it’s going to calm down at all this week, so…
Weekly Goal: Edit if I can. But don’t beat myself up if I can’t.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read every day. Write review.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Thanks to the business of last week, I hardly read at all…again. Which sucks, because now I’m going to be behind on ARCs for July and August…again. Obviously I got some re-balancing to do as I try to figure this out once more.
Weekly Goal: Read every day. Write review.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 5x. Log food. Improve mental fitness.
Status: Negative, Commander. This was just pure laziness. I did run once and then walk once, thanks to a messed up back, but the next few days, I was just purely lazy and unmotivated. And my body is really feeling it and I don’t like it. I did still continue to log my food, though, however, so I’m pretty stoked about that one.
Weekly Goal: Workout 5x. Log food. Improve mental fitness.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I forgot to put a goal on here again. How do I keep doing that?
Weekly Goal: Get back to being frugal.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Just do it.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I FINALLY STARTED IT. And I’m actually really enjoying this devotional so far, though I also feel kinda weird doing it, because I’m not really sure how to “properly” do it? So I’m trying to let that feeling go so I can just focus on trying to reconnect with God.
Weekly Goal: Devotional 5x.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Stay productive and actually go to the pool this week!
- Status: Negative, Commander. Monday was definitely productive, but the rest of the week slowly teetered off to not being the most productive…and then I only went to the pool once or twice.
Weekly Goal: Smile every day.
My To-Do list this week is even bigger than the one last week and I’m starting to get that feeling of anxiety bubbling up in my chest as I start to get stressed out on all the things I haven’t accomplished yet and all the things I’m falling behind on. Yet I’m also just trying to remember to breathe, slow down and focus on completing one thing at a time. I also am going to go on a run when I get home and clear my head, so hopefully, that’ll help. Otherwise, just focusing on smiling every day and enjoying life, no matter how productive I am.