Last week was a pretty awesome week! Stayed on top of all my writing goals, ate well and worked out consistently, plus had a day that broke 60 degrees, so managed to even workout outside and enjoy the beautiful weather, as well.
I started my period in the middle of last week, however, and it hit hard over the weekend, especially emotionally. I’ve either been sad (to the point of crying) or angry, for no apparent reason (and honestly, it’s just annoying). I definitely want to work on being happier, this week, and not letting my emotions gets the best of me, hormonal imbalance or otherwise.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Write 5x. Continue meeting word count.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I did manage to write 5x last week, which I’m really stoked about. A couple sessions were a bit harder than others and one session, I did fall short of my writing goal for that day, but I am still ahead slightly on my overall word count goal, so for that, I’m pretty grateful. I’m excited for a couple of scenes that I should write this week and to have already hit 20,000 words, so I’m stoked to continue that process and continue writing this story.
Weekly Goal: Write 6x. Continue meeting word count.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Finish Embers of War. Write review to come out on the 20th. Start new book!
- Status: Affirmative, Commander.
Weekly Goal: Finish Kings of the Wyld. Write review. Read every day.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Check out Rock Chalk Park. Workout 3x. Log food honestly.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I didn’t check out Rock Chalk Park, but I did work out 4x (including a four mile walk that was ridiculously heavenly, even if I was also ridiculously sore afterwards). I also logged my food accurately and honestly (and consistently) and only had one bad day last week, eating wise, but I blame my period, 100%.
Weekly Goal: Workout 4x. Keep up good work!
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Stay frugal. Reevaluate finances
- Status: Negative, Commander. I didn’t look at my finances like I planned, but I did stay frugal, so sorta like a half win/half lose situation.
Weekly Goal: Stay on budget and put some more money into savings.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Actively work on lessening mental tangents during prayer.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Still really need to work on this.
Weekly Goal: Pray each night.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Have way too much fun on Valentine’s Day. ❤
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Valentine’s Day was positively wonderful. This week, I get to meet my parents for lunch and am (starting) to get my sleeve filled in, color wise, so it’s a pretty busy weekend on top of usual DnD shenanigans.
Weekly Goal: Smile every day at work.
So, like I mentioned above, definitely going to focus on smiling a lot more and shoving down the wayward emotions, spawned from anxiety, depression or just my period, and instead focusing on all the good that is going on in my life–and I have a lot of it, right now.
Also working on really honing my routine, including getting up at 9:30am instead of 10:30am (or 11am…), working out as soon as I get up and doing my hair each day (because I definitely feel more put together and confident when my hair is done). Then, I’m hoping to even try a new recipe this week or at least make something a little bit different to eat, instead of my usual go-to meals. And, of course, keep up with writing and keeping it a priority.
I can see progress happening and habits forming. No time–or plans–to relent now. I’ve got dreams to achieve.